Welcome to the March 2012 issue of RegionaLinks Monthly. Produced by the Board of Pensions for regional representatives, this publication highlights recent Board news and other important updates for your information and for you to share with mid-council personnel and other contacts in your field. We hope you find this information useful, and we welcome your feedback at any time. Contact us at RegionaLinks@pensions.org.
Benefits Connect Tip
Eligible active and disabled members can view, save, and print a current Statement of Benefits through Benefits Connect, the Board’s secure benefits website. This statement is a dynamically generated report that summarizes the benefits you are receiving through the Board of Pensions. This means that all of the information — from your salary to your retirement income to your disability benefits — is available in one easy-to-read statement.
Learn moreabout how Benefits Connect can save you time and put the personalized information you want at your fingertips.
Annual Report Available in Late March
The annual report from the Board of Pensions will be available in late March. This year’s report is presented in a new, easy-to-follow format of separate publications:
- Annual Review – This guide to who the Board is and what we do includes insight from members of executive management, who reflect on 2011 and look forward to 2012.
- Donor Book – This book recognizes the gifts to the Assistance Program of the Board of Pensions from many hundreds of generous donors.
- Financial Report – This report provides the management considerations related to the finances of the Benefits Plan and Assistance Program.
These publications will be available on pensions.org in late March. You may request print copies by completing the Contact Us form on pensions.org or by calling the Board at 800-773-7752 (800-PRESPLAN).
Regional Benefits Consultations Being Held in April
The Regional Benefits Consultations for synod executives, presbytery executives, stated clerks, COM and CPM moderators or committee members, and pension liaisons will take place this April. These meetings are an excellent opportunity to hear about updates and changes to the Benefits Plan, as well as to share concerns and discuss issues.
Dates and Locations
Western/Central Consultation: April 18-19, 2012, in Arlington, Texas
Eastern Consultation: April 26-27, 2012, in Baltimore
Registration is now closed, but if you are registered to attend and have questions, please contact the Board’s Meeting Planning team at 800-773-7752 (800-PRESPLAN), extension 7449, or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reminder: Tax Resources from the Board of Pensions*
The resources the Board offers to help ministers and churches understand the latest tax law changes continue to be available on pensions.org. These resources are available in the Tax Resource Center for members, treasurers and administrators, and mid-councilson pensions.org:
- Tax Tips for Ministers and Churches (prerecorded webcast): Important information specific to ministers and churches from tax expert Richard R. Hammar, J.D., LL.M., CPA.
- Tax Guide for Ministers for 2011 Returns (booklet): Recent federal income tax information for active and retired ministers to review when filing their returns.
- Federal Reporting Requirements for Churches: What You Need To Know in 2012 (booklet): Step-by-step wage reporting and withholding instructions and information about situations specific to filing various federal forms for church treasurers and business administrators.