As the POINT (Presbyterians Organized in Nurture and Teaching) representative for the Presbytery, Martha Rockenstein will assist congregations as they strive to develop strong educational ministries for all ages by providing Christian education support in a variety of ways. She can meet with a church’s education committee, is available at presbytery meetings with a display and answering questions, and help a teacher, an elder, or pastor interpret and select resources to meet their congregation’s educational goals.
Here are some specific things Martha can do in the Presbytery and for your congregation:
- Provide face-to-face consultations to evaluate the Christian education ministry of a congregation
- Interpret and evaluate educational resources with church leaders
- Provide basic training for volunteer teachers
- Connect with other educators through Christian education committees, resource centers, and local, presbytery, regional, and national events
- Be informed about a variety of resources through POINT training, the POINT Web site, and other opportunities
- Write articles for their presbytery newsletter or establish a POINT newsletter
- Contact churches to introduce the POINT ministry, give availability for consultation, inform of workshops that may be helpful, and obtain feedback about needs and resources
- Communicate needs, share ideas, and offer feedback about educational resources and ministries of the greater church through Congregational Ministries Publishing.
PTCA Point Representative