PTCA Strategic Plan
PTCA Strategic Plan 2011-2013
January 2011 – December 2013
- Worship God in Christ, and recognize each other’s humanity
- Consistently acknowledge, confess, lament and celebrate
- Nurture relationships and risk trust
- Supporting congregations and ministers
- Honesty in success and failure
- Discerning and adaptive leadership
- Diversity in our life together
- Cultivating discipleship in every generation
Mutual support of all congregations and ministers
1. Facilitate a sense of connection among congregations and ministers.
2. Effectively assist congregations and ministers with transitions.
3. Form a task force to listen to and learn from the needs and experiences of young people in order to present a plan by May 2011 for how Presbytery can meet and continually adapt to changing needs.
4. Establish a culture in which controversial issues are consistently addressed in a Christ-honoring honest, civil, respectful, healthy, mutually affirming manner.
5. Encourage relationship building and improve communication in order to increase participation and representation.
6. Institute a new nominating process that encourages persons with vision, passion, and unique gifts to serve in a capacity that best fits those qualities.
7. Encourage 10 churches to launch new, distinct faith communities in the following 3 years, and welcome new faith communities into fellowship of Presbytery.
8. Identify, facilitate and/or initiate missional collaboration among congregations for local and global ministry.
9. Institute a process to regularly review committees and structures for effectiveness andrelevance, and adjust as necessary.
10. Empower the natural formation of groups that offer mutual support and fellowship.