The Parish Paper is a monthly electronic newsletter that offers ideas and insights for active congregations. Edited by Herb Miller, Lyle Schaller and Cynthia Woolever, this journal is available to all Presbytery of the Twin Cities Area church members and clergy to use within their ministry. You are invited to include items from The Parish Paper in your newsletters and on your website or webpage. You may also reprint items and send to others through email or the U.S. mail.
Due to thousands of E-mail requests for several FREE resources provided by The Parish Paper, you can now download these resources from The Parish Paper website. Click HERE to view a list of those resources and for information about downloading them.
Please feel free to distribute the attached announcement as widely as possible—to your congregations, constituents, and colleagues—including people outside as well as inside your congregation, judicatory, denomination, seminary, or educational institution.
Note: If you mail photocopies of the Paper in its entirety with your newsletter or other mailings using your U.S. Post Office Nonprofit Mailing Permit, most local Post Offices require that every item carry your organization’s name and address. Above The Parish Paper masthead, type your congregation’s name, address, and “Photocopied by Permission.”
- April 2013: Oral Communication
- March 2013: What Leadership Style Works for Your Church
- February 2013-Downsize Staff Without Destroying the Church
- January 2013: How to Avoid Pastor Burnout
- December 2012: How To Use Our Five Senses During Advent
- November 2012: How to Maintain Church Health in a Declining Population County
- October 2012: Preventing Church Fraud
- September 2012: Where are the Unchurched?
- August 2012: Keys to Growing a Small Church
- July 2012: What Message Are We Sending About Giving?
- June 2012: Mission Possible: More Men in the Pews
- May 2012: How to Turn Bystanders into Active Disciples
- April 2012: How Is Your Congregations Health?
- March 2012: What Type of Future Are We Building
- February 2012: How To Manage Change Resistance
- January 2012: How to Perfect Your Leadership Triangle
- December 2011: How Do We Successfully Launch a New Project?
- November 2011: Should We Unleash the Power of Congregational Planning?
- October 2011: Why Do Smart Churches Make Dumb Decisions?
- September 2011: Why Do People Connect With Christ and a Congregation?
- August 2011: How to Prevent Bad Behavior in Times of Change
- July 2011: How to Select Quality Staff
- June 2011: What is the Pastor’s Role in Church Finances?
- May 2011: When Does Success Lead to Failure?
- April 2011: Incoming Pastors- Building Smoother Transition Bridges
- March 2011: Does a Congregation’s Location Influence Its Effectiveness?
- February 2011: Accomplishing Worthy Goals- Being Smart Is Not Enough!
- January 2011: What Is Your Unconscious Intent?